SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE...Call us if you want to SELL your house...Or if you want to BUY a NEW INVESTMENT!
Rental Application icon Apply Now
Call us today at 619-575-6200 ext. 204 CaDRE 00901986

Owner FAQ

When you’re choosing a Noble Real Estate Services, a San Diego/Chula Vista property management company, you want to ask a number of important questions about how they work and what sorts of systems and procedures are in place to ensure you have a successful experience as a landlord. These are some of the questions we get from potential owners all the time, and our answers will show you how Noble Real Estate Services can solve your most challenging property management problems.

How do you handle utilities?

You should keep your utilities turned on so we can effectively show the property and take care of any cleaning or maintenance. We’ll handle transitioning the utility accounts into your tenant’s name once we have a lease in place.

Do you keep a copy of my key?

We’ll need two copies of your keys as well as any garage door openers, mail keys, pool keys, or other remotes.

How long do you keep the lockbox on the door and the signs in the yard?

We’ll remove those within a week of the property being rented.

Do you evict tenants if they don’t pay rent?

Our rent collection policy is fair and consistent. If rent is not paid by the eighth day of the month, we serve a 72 Hour Notice to Pay or Quit. If we don’t receive rent after that period, we file for eviction.

Do you collect a security deposit? Where do you hold it?

We require a security deposit of at least one month’s rent + $300, and in some cases up to two month’s rent. We hold that money in a separate trust account until the end of the lease term.

Can I go to my property while a tenant is living there?

We do not enter the property unless there is an emergency or we have a scheduled appointment and we have provided written notice to the tenants. We don’t recommend that you enter the property at any time. California law stipulates that tenant’s are entitled to “quiet enjoyment” of the property.

When do I receive my rent?

We pay our owners electronically, using an ACH Transfer. In most cases, you can expect to receive your rent payment by the 1st of each month.

Which bills are my responsibility?

You’ll normally be responsible for paying your mortgage, your property taxes, your insurance, and any HOA or condo fees that are applicable.

What do you do to market my property?

We post professional signs at your property so anyone in the neighborhood will see that the home is available for rent. We also do strategic online advertising, including a listing on our website which receives over 9,000 hits every month. Your property will show up on over 7 rental websites, allowing you to get the attention of a large pool of tenants.

How is maintenance handled?

Noble Real Estate Services has an in-house maintenance team to handle any repair needs or emergencies. They are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How long will it take to rent my property?

We know that vacancies are expensive, and we help you avoid them. When your home is in good condition and priced competitively, we can typically get it rented within two weeks of putting it on the market.

How do I keep up with my income and expenses?

We provide an Owner Statement every month, where you’ll see all your expenses and income. If you have any questions about the statement, you can contact us by phone or email at 619-575-6200 or

What are the initial costs?

Your first bill will include any costs associated with the leasing period, including maintenance that was needed, cleaning, or repairs. These expenses are deducted from your rental income, which you’ll see reflected in your statement.

If there’s a question that hasn’t been answered – contact us at Noble Real Estate Services, and we’ll tell you more about our plan for providing you with the best property management in San Diego, Chula Vista and the surrounding areas.

What are your fees?

We have a 10% flat fee on rents collected, only.  We do not have leasing fees, we do not have lease renewal fees.

If I want additional services on my property what are the charges?

There may be fees associated with any services requested outside the normal duties associated with management of the property. Such services as on-site management services, property sales, refinancing, preparing property for sale or refinancing, modernization, fire or major damage restoration, rehabilitation, obtaining income tax, accounting or legal advice, representation before public agencies, advising on proposed new construction, debt collection, counseling, attending Owner’s Association meetings, etc.

If Owner requests Broker to perform services not included in this Agreement, a fee shall be agreed upon before these services are performed.

What kind of Insurance do I need?

You will need to carry property damage, personal injury, and public liability insurance in limits of not less than $1,000,000 combined and single limit coverage of $500,000 properly damage insurance. Owner agrees that at all times during the continuance of this agreement all bodily injury, property damage and personal injury, property insurance and any other coverage carried by Owner on the property shall, by the appropriate endorsement of all policies evidencing such insurance and without cost to Agent, be extended to insure and indemnify Agent, as well as Owner, as follows: Noble Real Estate Services s hereby named as an additional primary insured in respect to any coverage carried.

Back to Top